Discovering Japan: A Journey of History, Friendship, and Gratitude

Discovering Japan: A Journey of History, Friendship, and Gratitude

By Ruchel Gagarin Oasan (歐善璐)



Embracing the Beauty of Japan and Beyond

After a whirlwind six-day adventure across Japan, I find myself overflowing with emotions and thoughts. While my wallet may be a bit lighter, my heart is undoubtedly fuller.

Japan, a country rich in history and culture, unfolded before me in a spectacular way. I've always been somewhat indifferent to history, but this trip changed that. Exploring four vibrant cities, including my now favorite, Kyoto, I found myself awestruck by the wealth of historical sites. Museums, palaces, shrines, and castles whispered tales of a past that, despite its complexities and shadows – notably Japan's role in World War II – left me with a deep appreciation for the nation's journey.


The Joy of Shared Experiences

This journey wouldn't have been the same without my travel companion, Beth. Initially, I harbored fears that our partnership might not gel perfectly, but those fears were quickly dispelled. Beth's presence added an extra layer of joy and discovery to the trip. And let's not forget Neko, her adorable pencil case-stuffed cat, who became our unofficial mascot!

At Mount Fuji (2nd Station)

We hiked Mt. Inari in Kyoto

On our way to Nara Deer Park

At Kiyomizu-Dera Temple in Kyoto

A Japanese style resto at Kiyomizu-Dera Temple

Neko posting (haha) at Nijojo Castle, Kyoto


With our Kimono at Nijojo Castle

At Osaka Palace


A Moment of Reflection and Hope

Our travels weren't without their sobering moments. Learning of an earthquake in another part of Japan, I was reminded of the fragility of life. We were fortunate to be safe, and my heart went out to those affected. This experience deepened my gratitude and reinforced the importance of cherishing every moment.



Looking Forward

Tride Luup's ride on our last night in Kyot
As I reflect on this journey, I am filled with anticipation for future adventures. I hope for many more explorations, not just in Taiwan but in other neighboring countries as well. 

My wish for Beth, as she continues her journey in life and in her ministry, is to find joy and companionship as enriching as our shared travels.

Japan has left an indelible mark on my soul – a blend of historical appreciation, the joy of friendship, and a newfound sense of gratitude. Here's to many more journeys, discoveries, and shared smiles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My online diary

Exploring Hanoi and Beyond: Discovering the Wonders of Vietnam

Embracing the Journey: Overcoming Bitterness and Embracing God's Grace